Ik keek vandaag eens op de vacature site van Blackboard en vond daar deze vacature: Account Manager-Amsterdam (#100254).
Misschien een leuke functie voor iemand uit het veld?
Blackboard is looking for an accomplished and experienced sales person to help build and support the rapidly growing Blackboard/WebCT business in North Europe with primary focus on the Benelux region.
The Account Manager will play an integral role in the success of the sales organization. Specifically s/he will be responsible for:
- Managing software license sales renewal and upgrading business in the Benelux region and North Europe directly
- Collaborating with the regional sales managers to maintain renewal business.
- Building potential and help complete incremental business from software upgrades, Professional Services and Support contracts to customer base.
- Supplying customers with timely responses regarding product information, pricing, and company information.
- Building and managing pipeline of business for accurate forecasting purposes, collaborating with channel partners, the regional sales managers and sales director. Maintain information in CRM system.
- Responding to and filtering incoming enquiries, developing sales cycle drive to close either independently or in association with the regional sales managers.
- Be prepared to allocate up to 20% of working time to field based activity, mainly in the Benelux region for customer and prospects visits as well as supporting company presence at exhibitions and conferences.
- Occasionally international travel, including to USA, may be required.
Key Competencies (the ideal candidate will have some or all of the following skills and experience):
- 5 years direct sales experience, ideally in selling to an established customer base.
- Proven successful track record in achieving and exceeding sales quotas on a regular basis.
- Understanding and knowledge of sales into education sector, specifically higher education.
- Manage sales opportunities in a structured and documented fashion.
- Experience with recognized sales techniques such as delivered by SPIN, Miller Hieman, The Complex Sales (RADAR).
- Able to quickly develop an understanding of the e-learning solutions and knowledge to communicate effectively appropriate solutions to current and potential customers.
- Ability to work in broadly defined sales team, leveraging resources from across the company including Services, Sales Engineering, and Customer Support.
- Ability to communicate to peers and management clearly and in a timely manner on sales activities.
- Exemplary high standards of honesty, integrity and endeavor.
- Ability to use initiative in identifying, addressing and resolving day to day issues and challenges.
- Willingness to go the extra mile to support the team and customer.
- Strong and engaging personality that customers will appreciate and respond to.
- High level of enthusiasm and sense of humor.
- Willingness to work 80% inside sales and up to 20% field sales.
- Able to work appropriate hours to complete tasks meet goals and support required travel.
- Fluency in English and Dutch required; German a plus